Downtown Vision Marketing Internship
If you're a college student in your junior or senior year of college, we want you! DVI accepts interns year round. We work with you to determine how often and when you work, and encourage you to get involved with Downtown. If you already love Art Walk, want to get to know the city better, or even if you just want the opportunity to see how an organization like ours works, apply for one of our internships.
Marketing & Communications Intern
Marketing and Events Coordinator
ABOUT DOWNTOWN VISION, INC. (DVI):
Downtown Vision, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to build a vibrant and healthy Downtown and to promote Downtown as an exciting place to live, work, and play. Downtown Vision, Inc. was formed in 2000 at the request of downtown property owners to provide enhanced services within the Downtown Improvement District.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:SPECIFIC DUTIES (subject to change):
The marketing/communications intern will be responsible for the valuable support functions of the marketing/communications department. He/she will maintain a time sheet and a log of projects and activities. The preparation of initial drafts of required paperwork for school reporting is his/her responsibility.
- Make calls to update database information
- Assist with Art Walk paperwork for artist registration
- Conduct media scans and maintain clip binder and clip report
- Data entry
- Research website directory listings and event calendar listings
- Facilitate collateral distribution and restocking
- Take photos for the website
- Copy and collate materials for mailings
- Prepare new retailer packages
- Track stats and conduct surveys for events
- Assist with collateral requests
- Provide status updates on projects and activities
- Participate in staff meetings and marketing team meetings
- Additional projects and responsibilities assigned based on intern capabilities and desire
First Wednesday Art Walk, Movies in the Park, additional promotions and events (to be determined)
The unpaid internship may be full- or part-time. Minimum of 15 hours per week.
ENVIRONMENT & QUALIFICATIONS:
DVI maintains a professional office environment. Candidates must have the solid oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the Downtown community. He/she must have good time management skills and be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel. He/she must also be able to work collaboratively as a team and be a self-starter. Knowledge of design programs and/or social media platforms are desired but not required. A love and desire to be Downtown Jacksonville is a plus!
Candidates working toward a marketing, communications or public relations degree are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Sarah Henderson, communications coordinator, at email@example.com.